Friday, November 02, 2007

Enjoying

This morning I watched Dutch television (uitzending gemist) on the internet. The program - Ik vertrek (I’m leaving) - was about a couple who went abroad for one year. They went to Africa to work in a lodge. I watched them say goodbye to all their friends, leaf Holland, saw how they struggled the first month and how adventures they where! At the end of the program it suddenly hit me.
We are just like them…. We are one year abroad, ok not in the bush but still. It is like having a look at your own decisions but than from a distance. Saying goodbye to friends, creating a new home, and learn about the differences and enjoy them. All very important efforts to make yourself comfortable at your new place. The past month just rolled from one day into the next. There where so many things going one the last couple of weeks. Today became different….I felt really happy.
After having watched the program I went out to do some shopping. I past this lovely bakery and I couldn’t resist this good looking….Sachertorte (chocolate cake). I treated myself to a big piece. All I need to enjoy is: my cup off coffee and this (big) piece of cake, what is Freiburg a wonderful place to be.

At this moment I am already looking for an apartment in Boulder, Colorado. The housing is completely different than Europe. There are a lot of apartments all together in a big housing park. Most housing park have a swimming pool! Hot tub, BBQ place, free internet business lounge, community activities, and so on. The prices are BIG but the apartments are two. There are not that many furniture apartments so we have to do our best to get something as nice as we have here in Freiburg. Luckily the surroundings make it easier. The pictures that I have seen so far are stunning. Mountain views from your window. Still a bit strange to look for apartments while we have just started here in Freiburg…, but this way we can take it easy and hopefully don’t have to move twice.

Greetings jose

No comments: