Thursday, October 04, 2007

Go to school and my first sachertorte

Photo of the school buildings
The neighbour gave me a great tip. He said that I good get a gasthörerin pass (a person how’s allowed to follow classes in the school but how’s not allowed to make exams)
I went to the University for Social Work here in Freiburg on Thursday. (Katholische Fachhochschule fur Soziale Arbeit. This is the same as HBO in the Netherlands.) I told my situation and it got a book with the class program for the coming semester. At home I choose the lessons:

Monday 19.00 - 20.30 English for Social Work Professional
Tuesday 09.45 - 11.51 Antropologie
Thursday 09.45 - 11.15 Geschichte Theorien und Konzepten der social Arbeit
On Wednesday 24th off October I want to attend the Fachtag „Positive Peer Culture”.

The school semester is not starting until next week in Germany. So my first lesson will start coming Monday. I was really lucky to go to the school this week otherwise I wouldn’t be able to go. The voluntary work will come later. I have 3 day’s left during the week to do this.

Today my parents drove to Freiburg. They are having a short holiday and we can use their car so we can move coming Saturday. Yes we have to move again. It sucks but we had now other choice. We are moving to a apartment near the city centre. I already been cycling in the area it is really beautiful! So that’s ok.

But first things first tonight my parents will visit us an we will have sachertorte (cherry/chocolate cake) for dessert. The weather is still great (24 c) and me and my parents will have a short holiday together and discover the surroundings off Freiburg. I hope they like it as much as I do!

Greatings jose
Nederlands:

Ik heb een tip gekregen van de verhuurder dat je in Duitsland een college kan volgen zonder examen te hoeven doen. Ik ben dan ook dinsdag naar de katholische fachhochschule fur sozial arbeit (de nederlands SPH) geweest en heb mijn verhaal verteld. Ik kreeg een progamma boek mee van dit semester en heb uitgezocht welke lessen ik graag wil vlogen (zie boven) De lessen beginnen hier maandag dus ik was precies op tijd.

Mijn ouders zijn vandaag naar Freiburg gereden voor en korte vakantie. Wij kunnen hun auto dan ook gebruiken op zaterdag als we weer moeten verhuizen naar een appartement net buiten de stad. Gelukkig is het in een hele leuke buurt dus het is alleen weer een hoop gedoe.

Maar belangrijke zaken eerst... vanavond hebben we sachertorte voor toetje met z'n vieren. Ik ben benieuwd hoe mijn ouders Freiburg ervaren. Gelukkig werkt het weer ook deze week weer me met zo'n 24 graden. Groeten jose

No comments: