Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas tradition continues

It is yet again, Christmas time (time fly’s when you’re having fun) So it was time for me to get my Christmas cook book from the bookshelf. I had seen it before, the wonderful traditional Christmas cake, but I was never in time. But this time I came prepared. Three weeks in advance I started gathering all the ingredients for this cake. For instance I needed raisins, black currants, almonds, pecan nuts, vanilla, flower, eggs and much more. The first thing I had to do was soak the fruits in brandy for 24 hours. The next day I made the dough and placed everything in the oven for 3,5 hours. This is how it came out… But the well kept secret is that the cake needed to steam with a dash of brandy. Then cool off, so I could wrap it up in plastic. And then mature for 2,5 weeks! Just like cheese?! So now I am waiting for the big moment when we can taste the cake on the second Christmas day together with family (wish me luck that it will taste good)
Greetings josé
Nederlands
Het is al weer kerst (de tijd vliegt als je het leuk hebt) dus het was weer tijd om mijn kerstkookboek van de boekenplank te halen. Ik had ‘m eerder gezien een geweldige traditionele kerstcake, maar ik was nooit op tijd. Maar deze keer was ik voorbereid.
Drie weken vooraf ben ik gestart met het verzamelen van alle benodigde ingrediënten, zoals bijvoorbeeld: rozijnen, krenten, amandelen, pecean noten, vanille, bloem eieren en nog veel meer. Als eerst moesten de zuidvruchten 24 uur weken in cognac. De volgende dag maakte ik het beslag welke 3,5 uur in de oven moest om er een mooie cake van te maken. Dit is hoe hij er uit ziet (nu)
Maar het geheim zit hem in iets anders. De cake moest uit de oven met een beetje cognac stomen om vervolgens af te koelen. Zodat ik ‘m daarna in het plastic kon verplakken. NU moet de cake 2,5 week rijpen. Net als kaas...?!
Nu is het wachten op het grote moment dat we ‘m mogen proeven op tweede kerstdag samen met de familie. (wens me succes dat het lekker zal smaken)
Jose

No comments: